Friday, September 4, 2009

she went away with the summer days

I'm upstate at my summer house right now. We left about 11:30 this morning/afternoon and arrived up here about 12:30. We went shopping (one of my favorite things to do) for some food supplies and then went to the house.

All day, it's been hours of being lazy. I brought my knitting with me, so I've been chilling on the couch, knitting, and watching tv. We made and ate lunch, and then mom and I made a 3-bean salad for the labor day bbq we have in our community every year. We're probably going to head out for dinner in a little while, and then come back and watch a movie or two. I brought 27 Dresses and Get Smart with me!

Tomorrow we're gonna go to the bbq for a little while, then we're heading up towards Rochester for DCAs! Dad's corps is playing at the Alumni Classic Sunday morning, and it's about a 6-hour drive to Rochester from our summer house, so we want to make sure we have plenty of time getting there, so Dad and his friend George have plenty of rest for their rehearsal Sunday morning, before their performance.

I also finally get to meet Nathan after 2 years of knowing him through the internet (youtube and facebook) so I'm pretty excited about that! Dad knows him through a friend of his, and mom's already met him, but I'm looking forward to finally meeting him. :)

Alright, I'm out. Gotta get ready to grab some dinner soon!

No comments: