Saturday, September 5, 2009

hail, hail, the gang's all here

Last night I had a drink with my aunt and uncle at their bungalo, while my mom slept on the couch and my dad did the crossword at my house. It was nice to spend a little time with them; my cousins hadn't made the trip up to our summer houses yet at that point.

I'm reading "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown right now, and the cover has a pair of eyes on the cover. Last night, after I finished the chapter I was reading, I put the book down and went to sleep. This morning when I woke up, I looked over, and the eyes on the book were staring back at me! Boy, that was a bit of a shock!

Early this afternoon, we had a community bbq with all the other people that live in the bungalos in our corporation. It's become an annual thing - have a bbq to celebrate Labor Day and our community.

After lunch, my dad's friend met us upstate, and we hit the road for Rochester and the DCAs! The drive was long, but there was no traffic, which was nice. We stopped for coffee and facilities, and made it up here about 8pm (we left about 3pm). We've been meeting drum corps people all over the place, and Pre-lims were tonight (Cabs placed 5th). Tomorrow's the DCA Alumni Spectacular in the morning/afternoon, then we're hittin' the road right after that, and prob gonna have lunch with a couple friends in a neighboring town. I LOVE drum corps. :)

After dinner just now, my mom and I were in the hotel lobby and I saw an adorable guy walk by....I've know him for two years via youtube and facebook. He's met my dad and my mom before, and he's great friend with my dad's friend, but I've never met him personally, and I'm probably going to tomorrow after the Alumni show. I seriously can't wait!

Okay, I'm off to bed. :) Goodnight!

No comments: