Thursday, September 10, 2009

and a-5, 6, 5, 6, 7, 8...

Okay, I only have a few minutes because I have to leave in 2 hours for choir, and I also have to take a shower and clean up the living room so my mom doesn't get mad at me.

Rehearsals for SG have been going better than I expected (and I expected the worst after the rehearsals for SS were nightmare-ish....yes, I did cry in Carlo's arms after one of the rehearsals, and felt like I was a shit player through the whole run of the show). Part of everything going well is that this was the first show I played with this company, and we did it around this time last year. Instead of learning whole new music, we're using a lot of the old stuff, and I'm playing a lot of my old parts. So I basically had to open the closet door in my brain and remember all the old familiar tunes. We learned a new song, and added a few extra things, and I learned a new part in one of the old songs, but all that was easy as pie. The cast members are also different, but amazing. I love working with this cast much more....they're friendly and exciting (and familiar) and they all want to BE there, which makes everything THAT much more enjoyable.

Speaking of rehearsals, choir is starting again tonight, at my alma mater. I love choir, and I love getting to be a part of it, even though I've already graduated. I also love being a part of my acapella group.....they're a great bunch of girls that I enjoy singing with so much, and I love hanging out with them, too. Of course it's a pain and a journey to get out there to rehearsals, but it's worth it in the end. It makes me excited about music, and all the hard work and rehearsals pay off when we rock at the concerts.

I should probably hop in the shower now, and find something to wear......catch ya later! :)

No comments: