Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Apparently today is Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Having played in the pit of a show called Treasure Island for three months, I like to think I know a little bit of pirate speak.

ARRR MATEY!
Let me hear yarrr voices!
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! Drink and the devil have done for the rest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
Sing, ye rotten landlubbers!
Yer about the sorriest bunch of seamen I've ever had aboard me ship!
Pirates are we, pirates are we, we find treasure and sail the sea! Pirates are we, pirates are we, take what we want and then we flee!
Silence ye rogues, just listen ter me. Treasure is ours, 'cause pirates are we!
Pieces of eight, pieces of eight!
WALK THE PLANK!

etc., etc., etc.

:)

No comments: