Friday, September 18, 2009

I should tell you that you were my first love

Ingrid Michaelson was AWESOME! I really enjoy her now....I hadn't listened to her music a whole lot before hand, but I was really looking forward to seeing/hearing her live. Now all I've listened to today is "The Hat." It's probably one of my favorite songs now!

Kelly and I were up close for the first opener, but we were getting claustrophobic, so we decided to move back, which ended up being a REALLY GOOD IDEA.

HOWEVER.

While we were chillin' in the back of the WEHA!, during the 2nd opener (who I was thoroughly enjoying), this old lady gets all up in my space, shimmies up right next to me, and whispers in my ear, "Has Ingrid been on yet?" I answered, "no she hasn't, this is her second opening band." Then old lady yells into my ear, "Have you been here before?" So I move away from her, turn to her, and say "yeah, I have." Then she swoops down next to my ear again and says "Do you know when Ingrid goes on?" So finally I swiveled to her and was like "the guy at the door told me 9:45." and I scooted away from her, giving Kelly a look like "omg old lady was practically down my ear" and I told her what happened.

Then throughout the remainder of the 2nd opener (GREG HOLDEN, OMG!!!), we notice that old lady is with old lady friend, old man husband, and old lady friend's old man husband friend. And they are SLOSHED. Smashed, three sheets to the wind, talking all through Greg Holden's set, stumbling over each other, making out in the grossest way possible. Kelly and I tried to scoot away from them some more, and then finally when Ingrid came on, they disappeared into the main crowd for most of the night.

So Kelly and I thought we were saved. Not so much. Then creepy guy came by us, said something to us in passing, and stupid me answered him back with friendly conversation. He ended up standing next to us for most of the night, and would look over at us and say a comment here or there about Ingrid or the crowd, etc. He would've been okay if he was hot. Instead, he was just plain creepy.

So, that was my Ingrid Michaelson concert experience. She is an absolute joy to listen to and she's freaking hysterical live....she kinda reminds me of Matt Nathanson live. He always has funny things to say in between songs, and he's a great musician all around, like Ingrid.

I need to get to bed......early morning tomorrow! Peace out, kids!

1 comment:

Marielle said...

OMG drunken old people -__-