Friday, August 28, 2009

tell me baby, what's your story?

I am sorry for the lack of blogging. Every time I get to this page, I give up...so please excuse me if this entry seems kind of boring.

The book challenge was steaming ahead so strongly, and now it seems I've slowed down. I'm really into "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger, but it's taking forever for read (the main reason being I simply don't have a lot of time lately, between working, showing my cousin around the city's museums, and catching films on the big screen with Kelly). I've read 34 books so far, and am in pretty good shape. I haven't fallen behind yet (in fact, I believe I'm ahead of the game), but if I start slowing down, I won't want to read any books come October/November/December, and that will put a big damper on the project. I have 16 books to go, and 4 months' time to read. 4 books a month, which is what I've been averaging anyway, and I'm in good shape.

It's funny to look back at the list of books I've read. The books I've read in January, February, and even March seem so long ago. I've been on a big book-to-movie kick lately....and have read a bunch of books that have since become movies ("I Love You, Beth Cooper," "My Sister's Keeper," "Marley and Me," "Julie and Julia," "Confessions of a Shopaholic," "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist," "Angels and Demons," "The Time Traveler's Wife," etc.).

I am looking forward to Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol" because it's another in the Robert Langdon series (of "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels and Demons" fame). I love books that have puzzles and clues - that excites me! I am also looking forward to "The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks, because he's one of my absolute favorite authors to read. I own his whole collection. I am NOT kidding. I own every book he's ever penned. He takes up a little more than half of one of my shelves and weighs in at 14 books (15 if you count the newest one coming out in September).

Aside from reading a lot this summer, I have been to the movies six times in the span of two months. Since my last blog, I've seen The Time Traveler's Wife and Paper Heart (both with Kelly). This summer I have also seen: The Hangover, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, 500 Days of Summer, and Julie and Julia.

I recently signed up with Netflix, and let me tell you, Netflix is AWESOME. I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. I have the one-DVD-at-a-time plan, with unlimited "watch instantly" on my computer, and boy have I already seen a ton of things. I've also been catching up on my Hannah Montana Season 3 (JUDGE ME!). Marley and Me (the movie) just arrived the other day, and I'm looking forward to watching it with mom and my aunt and cousins.

Speaking of aunt and cousins, my aunt and two of my cousins are in town from Austria for a couple weeks, so we've been traipsing the city together, shopping and going to museums. I really think Christopher and I are going on the museum tour...we've already been to the P.S. 1 MoMA Contemporary Art Center and the American Museum of the Moving Image, and we're planning on going to the Museum of Modern Art tomorrow (which, surprisingly, I don't think I've never been to). We've also talked about going to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum (last time I went was with his sister, about 2-3 years ago? So I'm due for another visit, and he needs to be introduced to the world of wax celebrities!). I'm excited and glad that my family is here visiting for a few weeks, but they're leaving soon, and that makes me sad! :(

On another note....what gets me really frustrated is when I log into my facebook page and I find out that my relationship status has been changed to "In a Relationship" (I'm single), my "Interested In" has been changed to "Women" (I like dudes.), and my Political Views went from "I am Kristin _____ and I approve this message" to "I am Kristin _____ and I don't approve this message." My thought is that one of my co-workers did it at work, because the web browsers we use don't log you out of whatever you're logged into when you close the page, like it does on my laptop, but I WANT TO KNOW WHO DID IT. I changed my password just in case someone knew my password and hacked in to do it. I'm surprised they didn't change anything else, just those three things. I didn't even notice, either, until one of my friends sent me a message and asked if I had a boyfriend, because it said I was in a relationship on facebook.

I'm sad to say I am not in a relationship....I am a lonely single girl. But seriously. People suck.

But people rock, too. <3

I'm out, goodnight.
<3kristin

No comments: