Tuesday, September 1, 2009

tried to give you summer, but I'm winter, wish I could make you spring, but I fall so hard

It is kind of hard for me to say "goodbye" to the summer, since I am not going back to school. This is the second summer I'm coming off of where I don't have a school routine to go back. And frankly, I didn't have much of a summer since I worked through it. I had a day off here or there, but for the most part, I worked and worked and worked. I finished a show in May, started another show in July that ran through to August. One week I worked 51 1/2 hours (and I don't get paid overtime). I feel it's time for a vacation for me, even though my mom thinks I should get a job. I'm working on it, but she doesn't realize that I have a job right now. Sure, it's not the best job, and I don't make the best money, but it's what I've got right now, and it's better than nothing. There are a lot of hiring freezes right now, and people say they're hiring, but I never get a word back from them when I apply. I'd rather keep this job until December, because I know it's very flexible, and take a vacation to Austria for the Christmas/winter season. Maybe by January 2010, the economy won't be so suckass and I'll be able to get a job with more money and health benefits.

Since my coworker's been back from his workation in NC, I've had some time off from work to spend time with my family, who's currently visiting from Austria. They leave on Wednesday, and I'm pretty sad about that, but I'll see them again soon (hopefully!). Today we had a fun adventure around SoHo and the west village. We ate at this cute little restaurant down the block from my job, and I had one of the tastiest bowls of Fettucine Alfredo I've ever had.

Two or three people have told me I have great taste when it comes to shopping. My Aunt Marieanne calls me her personal shopper when she's visiting the US. I wish I had the body to wear some of the clothes I pick out for other people. I need to start seriously working on that, or to at least get into a healthy shape. I do enjoy picking out things that I think other people might like. I picked out some bright bold color shirts for my aunt when she was here last year, and she told me that she wears them all the time and they've become some of her favorite shirts, and that people give her compliments on the shirts all the time. She told me she proudly says "my niece picked this out for me, I didn't think I'd like them!" Now she tells me that she completely trusts my opinion when shopping with me. That makes me feel awesome!

I'm currently knitting a baby blanket for my neighbor, because she's pregnant, expecting her first child. It's a light yellow color (baby yellow, I guess?) because we don't know what she's having. Coincidentally, her brother and his wife are also expecting, and they're having a boy. I'm trying to decide if I should start knitting a light blue/baby blue blanket for them as well. If I don't decide to give this blanket to my neighbor, I'll give it to a friend of mine who is also pregnant. So many babies! If only my sister was expecting.....I can't wait to knit little things for my future nieces and nephews!

And lastly, an update in the book world. I JUST finished "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger today, and I have to say I loved it. I saw the movie before reading the book, and reading the book just made it all make sense to me. It really explained things in more detail, and I got a better grasp on Henry's time travel. That was book #35, and I have 15 more books to go in the next 4 months. Mission: impossible? I THINK NOT! I'm sooooo ready. What's next on the book list?

1 comment:

The Pop Culture Penguin said...

Apparently I need to have you come shopping with me some day. :)