Monday, June 22, 2009

oh those wildwood days...

This past weekend was the annual Cabs at the Beach drum corps contest in Wildwood. I freakin' love Wildwood. I've been to Wildwood with some of my family for a week of vacation during the summer before, and have been to the drum corps show several times in the past, but last year was my first time actually competing in the show.

This year I've opted to sit out marching Cabs, and I really miss it. Apparently a bunch of people miss me. I decided to go to the show this year, to support my friends and cheer on my family - the corps, and I ended up feeling a tad bit sad that I was not marching this year. I spent the weekend with my dad hanging out and spending some quality time together, while also checking out his practice and my friends' practice. Several people begged me to come back this year, telling me there's still time to march, but I already have a performance commitment, and I can't back out now because that would be impolite and unprofessional. But after seeing them for their first show this weekend, and seeing all my friends again, and hearing how much they miss me and want me to come back, I'm seriously considering marching again in the '10 season (the sudden change in drum staff has only encouraged me slightly..... :) ).

Speaking of drum staff.....Anna and I were putting together my perfect man with different defining qualities of hot Cabs members (they're all drummers, by the way.....). He'd be comprised of EB's eyes, MS' smile, DF's facial structure, and IT's nose. That's what we've got so far.....not sure about his hair situation just yet.....might have to stick with DF's hair.

I miss my jet-pack, by the way. And I really do miss playing, it's just I hate all the rehearsals and that stuff leading up to the memorable moments. I miss putting on the magic suit and performing in front of the crowd. I think I'd actually jump back in in a second if I didn't have a prior commitment. :(

Oh well.....I'm support staff/cheerleader this year.

See you at the Grand Prix! LET'S GO CABS!

No comments: