Monday, June 15, 2009

it's picture perfect the way you work it, girl

My dad finally took out his old camera for me. I just wanted to look at it, but he said if I wanted to, I could use it, and I really think I'm going to. I need to get some film for it, and probably some batteries, but then I'll be open for business. It's not a digital camera, but I'll use it sometimes, for special things.



And oh man, I love the shutter sound! And then maybe one day I'll get my own digital SLR camera. :)






Viewing our tv through the wide angle lens (picture taken with my digital camera, looking through the wide angle lens)

Dad also showed me some pictures he took with that camera, and wanted to show the difference the wide angle lens made. He took out an album from when they went to Europe, and I came across this picture (that was actually made up of two pictures). It looked so familiar to me, I had to go grab my album of pictures from when I went to Europe in 2006.

Sure enough, Dad and I have the same picture. He took the picture from the window of the Neuschwanstein castle in Germany, and 21 years later, I took the same picture from probably the same window.


The top pictures are Dad's, the bottom one is mine. You can tell the difference in the colors, and how the trees are overgrown in my picture, but it's basically the same thing, the same village, the same countryside.



It fascinates me.

No comments: