Friday, July 25, 2008

daydreamer, with eyes that make you melt

I finally found some time in my crazy schedule called my summer of 2008 to take and upload pictures of my new guitar Miley. The hummingbird on the pick guard has been named Christopher, after the guy who helped me with my purchase at Guitar Center in the city. After Caitlin and I bought our new guitars (she bought a beautiful Royal Blue Fender Stratocaster; I, a Cherry Sunburst Epiphone Hummingbird), we went to WSP and jammed and started writing a song about the fat man in the parking laying out and catching some rays. I didn't have any paper, so we wrote it in the back of my book, Forever In Blue (the Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood) by Ann Brashares.


Miley and Christopher


so pretty


Hanging out in my guitar case in WSP


I'm writing a love song to/about a Metrocard.

My favorite part about my outing with Caitlin (other than the fact that it was a gorgeous day and we were just two people jammin' in the park) was that these young people came up to us and told us they were interns at Google, and they were on scavenger hunt. They had to take a picture with "street musicians," so one of the girls picked up two twigs and pretended to be our drummer. We posed with her, and then they had someone else take another picture and they all got in the shot with us. It was pretty cool - especially when we were telling them that we were writing a song about the fat man and writing the lyrics in the back of my book. They joked about taking a video of us and putting us on youtube, and we'd be the next big thing. They don't know what's coming yet.


Some glamour shots of my guitar. <3


Dark and mysterious.


Jammin'


Sunburst <3


The scoop of the dreadnought is the perfect spot to rest your chin.


I love fingerpicking.


Bar chords are hard sometimes.


Close up of Christopher, and you know, guitar playing.


"You can find him sitting on your doorstep....waiting for a surprise..."


I've been doing a lot of reading lately (I don't know where I find the time to read between drum corps and work, but I do manage to use those rides on the train to and from work to get some reading time in. And then there's also the days that I just sit at the desk and stare at the phone. Instead, I read the pages of a good book).


So far I've read:

"The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks
"Big Boned: A Heather Wells Mystery" by Meg Cabot
"Lock and Key" by Sarah Dessen
"Queen of Babble In the Big City" by Meg Cabot
"Forever In Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood" by Ann Brashares


And I'm currently reading "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert

And that's all for now.
<3 kristin

1 comment:

Marielle said...

i like that story with the interns & the park.
Smitty, you're so cute in your pictures!!! <3
Btw I'm reading Eat, Love & Pray too. Tis' good so far :)