Wednesday, March 3, 2010

she said, you know, there's nowhere left to go

Wow, I certainly have not been here in awhile. Almost four months. So much happens in four months...

After the last post where I proclaimed I got a job:

- My brother and his fiance announced to me and my parents they were having a baby. I'm going to be an aunt! My nephew's launch date is in May :)
- I never finished my 50 Books Challenge. I just missed it by about 4 books. I definitely had the time to finish, but I lost the stamina.
- I secured my job at NYCA - I'm a full-time employee with vacation days/sick days/personal days/health insurance. :)
- I just received my very own lab coat with my name on it.
- It snowed like you would not believe for awhile.
- I won a digital camera at our office Holiday party.
- So far I've seen Sherlock Holmes, It's Complicated, and Valentine's Day on the big screen, but have been watching a lot of movies thanks to Netflix.
- I watched all of Grey's Anatomy from the very beginning up to the present in a matter of 3 months.
- I knitted two baby blankets (one in blue and one in yellow) for my neighbor's two kids who had kids...they both had a boy each.
- I'm currently knitting a blue baby blanket for my future nephew.
- My brother and his fiance moved back to my neighborhood, which is awesome, because I'll get to spend lots of time with them and my future nephew, and not have to travel 2 hours on trains and ferries just to see him.
- I went to VA to see my best friend in HS get married. It was kinda weird, since she was the first one close to my age to get married. I represented the 4 HS years of her life successfully at the wedding, and sat with her college friends.
- My best friend of forever called me up the day after Thanksgiving to tell me she got engaged. I'm pretty excited for her wedding! :)
- The Olympics just wrapped up. I love the Olympics!
- I bought tickets to see Hanson in April - my 7th Hanson concert =)
- I also got Vampire Weekend tickets for September and absolutely can not wait! That's gonna be a blast.
- I went to Trader Joe's for the first time and fell in love with the store.
- My acapella group sang at a couple gigs, including an amazing restaurant and a public access television station.
- I cut 11 inches of my hair and donated it to Locks of Love.
- I saw Trans Siberian Orchestra for the first time.
- I spent New Year's Eve home doing nothing for the 3rd year in a row, but this year I actually enjoyed it.
- I went to Lifehouse and had the time of my life with awesome people.
- My acapella group went through some serious changes, but we're working through them.
- My cousin became a Physician's Assistant and accepted a job in Texas. She's so far awayyyy....
- I sang in front of Lydia Bastianich. You know, the cable show cook.
- I gathered all the sheet music I've gotten from choir/acapella group/summer choir with my choir director and put it in one binder that I have named "The Archives."
- My friend hosted a Single Ladies Valentine's Day Brunch - we later named it Meatless Valentines.
- The Winter Olympic Games happened. I freaking love the Winter Olympics.
- Got completely addicted to Twitter.

:)

No comments: