Saturday, November 7, 2009

workin' 9 to 5, what a way to make a livin'

I got a job!
I am a full-time working girl!

My first day was yesterday. I had paperwork to fill out, training, and I basically jumped right in and started working. The job is easy enough, very busy. My co-workers seem nice. There are some parts of the job that I'll have to remember and get used to (i.e. how certain doctors like things filed in their patients' records, etc.) but it's a job, it's full-time, and it's made mom and dad happy.

I won't get kicked out! WOOT!

I have been watching Dexter season 1, and I've been getting addicted. I'm actually on a crime investigation/cops kick. I've been watching The Mentalist, Dexter, and Castle. Mom refuses to watch Dexter because she's not a fan of the whole serial killer thing, and I don't blame her. There are too many curse words for her ('cause it's a Showtime show). I have to admit, I was originally skeptical, too. I'm not really a fan of blood, and being that he's a blood spatter analyst and he moonlights as a serial killer, I didn't think I'd be able to stomach the show. But my future sister-in-law watched season 1 one day and was totally hooked that I simply had to see what Dexter was about, and I have to say I'm hooked, too.

I got my mom season 1 of The Mentalist for her birthday, since we missed it on TV, and started watching from the beginning of Season 2, and it's kinda nice to share the show with my mom. We sit down and watch the dvds, savoring the moments we spend together. My favorite part is when something happens, and we both look at each other at the same moment, most of the time with the same facial expression. I love little moments like that. :)

Okay, I'm bouncin'. Thanksgiving is coming and I have to clean my room. Ciao for now!

3 comments:

The Pop Culture Penguin said...

lol, Thanksgiving is like 20 days away, you have plenty of time. And congrats again!

Caitlin said...

Official blogger congratulations on the job! Even though I knew, but I would have known sooner had I read this post right away! Gotta keep up on mah blogz.

Marielle said...

i'm proud of you...as late as this is :P <3