Thursday, September 24, 2009

these walls are too hard to climb, and this ladder is too hard to find, I don't want to be here anymore

Today I spent many hours looking for a job. I applied to a bunch, and my mom kept asking if I had heard anything back yet. She doesn't understand that this process takes awhile to happen, that I'm not the only person applying for a position.

I've been applying for clerical/administration and reception positions, in offices and have also decided to apply for jobs in hotels/hospitality/tourism.

I really hope I get something soon. I'm kinda desperate at my current job - sure, I worked lots of hours all summer, but now I'm back to basically one day a week, and the weekend playing gig (which doesn't pay much, but it's something at least).

I've been listening to Hanson's new album (EP) "Stand Up, Stand Up" pretty much on repeat today. The title is actually the first song on their album, called "These Walls." And when I haven't been listening to the CD, I've been watching Season 2 of The Office. I'm up to episode 19 right now....I LOVE this show. I don't know where I was or what I was doing for the past 4 years while this show was existing, but I never watched it. It's such a shame, cause now I'm so freaking addicted to it.

My mom and I also watched the Season 2 premiere of The Mentalist. It was interesting, but I don't know if I'll get hooked. I was, however, generous enough to put the first season on my Netflix, and now she's gonna get the discs one by one, alternating with other movies and stuff that I have on my list. I'm such a nice daughter....I mean, what was I gonna say? No? How could I say no....and I pretty much couldn't put it at the end of my list, either, because I have like 150 things in my queue, and she'd be watching it in 5 years.

And then after that, I watched Project Runway and Models of the Runway. I'm sad about the person who was kicked, and not so happy about the person who won, either. I think Christopher should've won, but I'm biased, because I love him a little bit. :) And I'm so glad Vanessa wasn't kicked out of the model competition! I really like her, and I'm actually pretty satisfied with the person who DID get out.

So......that's been my day. Jobs, The Office, The Mentalist, Project Runway, Models of the Runway, Hanson, and knitting through it all. I'm almost done with this baby blanket.....so excited for the finished product! I'll take pictures. :)

No comments: