Thursday, July 31, 2008

I will always reach too high 'cause I've seen twilight

I hung out with my best friend yesterday. We finally went to the new Applebee's by my house. It's been open for awhile now, but we always decide to eat at Uno's or Panera instead, so we finally tried out the new place. It's cute - it's smaller than most Applebee's, and I didn't see any signature carousel horses in between the booths, and not too much excess items on the walls. Maybe they're still decorating, or maybe they'll just keep the pictures of celebrities on the walls. I did notice some sports memorabilia from the local public high school back near the bathrooms, and also some stuff from one of the colleges in a near-by town. It was cool stuff. We've decided that next time we go out for food and I don't have to run to work, we'll have drinks. :)

After that, we traipsed up and down the main block we usually walk. We went to the library to find the Twilight book by Stephenie Meyer, and even though the database said there was one in stock, we didn't find it on the shelves. Kelly spotted a girl with one of the other books who had JUST come off the check-out line, and we thought maybe she had the first book as well. I was about ready to run after her and mow her down and grab the book for Kelly!

After that unsuccessful encounter at the library, we turned down one of the cross streets to try and find an old book store my mom used to go to. I called her en route to try and remember where it was, but we ended up finding a different book store a little bit further down (the one I was trying to look for was gone). My neighborhood could really do with a Barnes and Nobles. I would be in there all the time. I would WORK there. But anyway, they didn't have any of the Twilight series books, either, but they had Stephenie Meyers' new book, The Host. After that, we went to Duane Reade to quench our thirst.

Then I decided Kelly should come with me to the city and we could stop by the Barnes and Noble near my job. A train ride later, we were there, looking at the pile of Twilight series books before us. We both grabbed Twilight, looked around some more (Kelly bought a WoW mini calendar for her boyfriend - adorable), then hopped online to pay for our purchases. Then we walked to my job, and Kelly went home.

And now I own Twilight.



I was skeptical about reading the series at first. I'm not a fan of vampires (I had to read Dracula for highschool, and I was not impressed), but I kind of want to see what all the hype is about. I keep hearing it's better than Harry Potter (I LOVE Harry Potter....I don't think that anything could ever top Harry Potter, unless J.K. Rowling herself comes up with an even better series). Kelly was interested because it's another series, and we both like reading books in a series (Harry Potter, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, etc.). So, I figured I would at least buy the first book and see what it was all about, and if I liked it, I would continue. And I figured if Kelly's willing to try it out, I am, too.

I'm past the halfway point of Eat Pray Love. I want to finish it so badly so I can start Twilight now (I was going to start one of the many OTHER books I want to read now that I have time to read, but those will probably have to wait now).

There are also a couple of books that are coming out that I simply can not wait for.


"Paper Towns" by John Green


"The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks


"Multiple Blessings" by Jon and Kate Gosselin


and oh my god yes, "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" by J. K. Rowling

I guess that's all for today. Oh! I'm no longer on hiatus at my photo blog...so check out my two newest pictures! YAY for inspiration! Thanks, Marielle :)

<3 kristin

3 comments:

Marielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marielle said...

i'm getting the tales of beedle the bard too!
arent you happy she published something new? :D

kristin said...

I'm happy she actually published mass copies of that book! She originally hand-wrote select few (one was/is on display at Sotheby's), but it looked like she wasn't going to make a version for the average Harry Potter lover. As it is, they're making a collector's edition as well that will be $100....I would get it if I was established in a steady job for a couple years and had a regular income, but such is life. I'm getting the standard edition :)