Wednesday, September 24, 2008

accio, accio, accio hot guy, oh bring me a boyfriend, he better be cute...

I am officially addicted to Wizard Rock.

On Sunday, my made of awesome friend Cait and I went to the first ever NYC Wizard Rock Festival. Now, I wasn't much of a Wizard Rock fan to begin with, but I watch the FiveAwesomeGirls on youtube and two of them are in Wizard Rock bands. That's how I got into this, and when I found out there was a show in NYC, I thought, "why not?"

Dude, it turns out it was pretty freakin' sweet. I mean....two whole rooms full of Harry Potter and music fans. What more could you ask for? I mean, some of the sets were "ehhh" and I thought, "you really shouldn't be up there..." but that's the whole point. You don't have to be amazing to sing and make music about stuff you love. Some of my favorites were Lauren from the Moaning Myrtles (and Tuesday on FiveAwesomeGirls), Lena of the Butterbeer Experience, Nagini and Alastor (they sang most of their duet album, and Justin Finch Fletchley and the Sugar Quills (although I have to admit their set came with a pair of earplugs). Thanks, Cait, for saving my ears!

Some of the highlights of that day:
-Meeting Lauren. I absolutely love Tuesday on 5AG.
-Buying 4 CDs of music. I was listening to the Moaning Myrtles and the Butterbeer Experience at work today.
-I loved the fact that everyone was singing along to all these HP Wrock songs, and the one song that Lena and Lauren do, that has nothing to do with HP (well, it has some WRock references, but it is a more nerdfighter-esque song) I know all the words to. "Guacamole Ukulele Song" FTW!

I enjoyed some delicious cookies and cupcakes by this awesome woman who makes Harry Potter cookies and cupcakes. Check them out!


So delicious.


Hagrid cupcake. Sorry it came out flipped...that's not how I took the picture. Hmmm.


Hagrid, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. They're such great friends!


Ron and Hermione snogging


Me and my purchases


Cait with Ron and Hermione


Alastor and Nagini


Lena (The Butterbeer Experience)


Justin Finch Fletchley and the Sugar Quills


the cool backdrop. they had house banners on the side, too


Lauren Myrtle's set with Alex Carpenter of the Remus Lupins


Lena joined Lauren and Alex for "The Snog Song"


Cait and I with Lauren! We also saw Liane (Friday of the FiveAwesomeGirls) but she was talking to a bunch of people outside when we spotted her. We thought of yelling "DFTBA" when we got to the end of the block, but we figured we'd save meeting her for the Paper Towns release party.

And speaking of Paper Towns....oh man 21 days until Paper Towns. I am so damn excited. This is going to be my first ever book release party. And I get to meet John Green! After watching him on Youtube for a year now! And I get to meet the Yeti! And I get to see Hank again!

\\// NERDFIGHTERS FOR THE WIN! \\//

I love being a Nerd.

1 comment:

Marielle said...

I wish I went. Those cookies looks delish.