Wednesday, January 23, 2008

here in this town they have all got the blues

So, that was a real shock today, when I'm half-listening to the news at dinner and I hear Heath Ledger is found dead in his NY apartment.
I liked Heath Ledger! He was an amazing actor...so versatile...and basically just coming into his prime. He had so much to offer the acting world, and he's gone. Basia and I were saying, we wanted to grow old watching his movies. He really was just that kind of person, you know?

The first movie I saw with Heath Ledger was "A Knight's Tale" and I always think of my sister when I think of that movie, because we used to watch it on HBO whenever it was on. Even if we caught it in the middle, we'd watch the movie, because it was awesome, and we loved the fact that it was set in older times, but with modern music. It's just one of those things I'll always connect with my sister, and now that link is dead.

Rest In Peace, Heath Ledger. You were simply amazing.

No comments: